Cloud items prompting to update

• October 29, 2016 at 9:27 am #108307
    Chris Setlock
    Participant

Hi,
    Starting yesterday or maybe Thursday I’ve been prompted to update non-current items when opening designs that contain decorative items from 2020 cloud.  Was some change made to the cloud that the ones I placed need to be updated?  If so, how?  I thought that was the point of cloud items, i.e. that they dont require installed catalogs and updating.

-Chris

• October 31, 2016 at 5:22 am #108310
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Chris

You are correct that all items from 2020 Cloud are constantly being updated and new products are always being added, however, we will never automatically update your existing designs with the very latest product information – we always provide this as a choice to you. You may be opening a design that has already been sold and ordered, or you may be opening a design to complete it – 2020 Cloud never actually knows why you’re opening a design. By prompting/advising you, we let you decide on the best option for each design.

As for your specific question on the decorative items catalog; we have made some quite major changes to item dimensions and item codes recently – full details of these changes are available to you in the release notes, which can be seen by clicking on the information icon next to each catalog in the ‘drop down’ list. I’ve also added a hyperlink to these release notes below:

Thanks

James

• October 31, 2016 at 8:15 am #108311
    Chris Setlock
    Participant

Thanks James.  That makes sense.  My vendors still use “old fashioned” catalogs, so I hadn’t thought about it from that angle.

That begs the question of how to update items from the cloud.  Does the switch items function work for cloud based items?  If so, I didn’t see the cloud catalogs in the drop down menu.  Similarly, allowing it to “update automatically” accomplished nothing.

• October 31, 2016 at 3:39 pm #108368
    Edith
    Participant

Hi Chris

Items from the Cloud will be updated if there has been any update within the catalog. Actually recently this catalog had some items updated.
    Items from the Cloud are not available within the Switch Items wizard, this will apply only to generic sample catalogs.

Regards

• October 31, 2016 at 3:53 pm #108369
    Chris Setlock
    Participant

Hi Edith,

Thanks for the reply, but now I’m more confused.  James says above that: “we will never automatically update your existing designs with the very latest product information – we always provide this as a choice to you.”

But your post says: “Items from the Cloud will be updated if there has been any update within the catalog.”

Maybe I’m being dense, but which is it?

Currently, I have three recent designs that prompt me to update items every time I open them.  Choosing “Update Automatically” has no apparent effect, and I’ve discovered no way to update them manually.  Please don’t tell me to delete and replace the items.  I have no intention of wasting an hour on a bunch of decorative items that are only there to add “character”.  How is it supposed to work?

• November 1, 2016 at 11:25 am #108389
    Edith
    Participant

Hi Chris

Sorry for the confusion.
    Since you mention that some items won’t update, I would like to verify the following:
    – The version of 2020 Design in use
    – Catalog\Items that you are using on these three designs
    Please send me the designs so I can validate better: [email protected]

Thank you
    Edith

• November 1, 2016 at 1:16 pm #108428
    Chris Setlock
    Participant

Thanks, Edith.

I just tried to send the .kit file to the address you specified, but according to mailer-daemon it was rejected by the recipient.  I sent it twice to be sure.

I’m working in v11.5.2 but I have not installed the two hotfixes, since they didnt seem to apply to any issues I’ve encountered.

• November 1, 2016 at 10:18 pm #108437
    Edith
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Here the address: [email protected], there was an extra “a” on the previous one.

I will wait for your designs, thanks.

Edith

• November 7, 2016 at 9:18 am #110766
    Edith
    Participant

Hi Chris

Thank you for the designs, they were very useful.
    I was able to reproduce and I have reported it to the team. This defect should be addressed in an upcoming release.

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.