SketchUp

• December 3, 2014 at 9:37 am #19926
    Tracy
    Participant

How do I import from SketchUp? I run V9.1 but have now also downloaded V10.0 – I have issues with 10 so I’m using V9.1 at the moment. Thanks!

• December 3, 2014 at 1:16 pm #19938
    Keymaster

Hi Tracy,

The SketchUp import functionality was introduced in V10.
    Please watch this short video introduction in how to use SketchUp

If you are having issues with V10. Please contact our support team at: 1.866.698.2020

Thanks

• December 3, 2014 at 3:24 pm #19963
    Charlene
    Participant

Hello, I too have had trouble importing from Sketch Up. We are running V10.5. I get an error message that the program has stopped working. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Thank you.

• December 6, 2014 at 3:27 pm #20306
    Tom Bachorski
    Pilot Pro

Support phone number correction: 866-697-2020

• December 6, 2014 at 3:35 pm #20307
    Tom Bachorski
    Pilot Pro

Go to the warehouse using your browser at this link Download the images to your hard drive and use FILE, IMPORT, FROM LOCAL STORAGE to bring the Sketchup image into your design. Save your downloads where it will be easy to find.

• December 11, 2014 at 1:15 pm #20430
    Danny Steiger
    Pilot Pro

I have had some pretty buggy experiences importing Sketchup files. Unfortunately the only solution I’ve found requires Sketchup Pro.

In Sketchup Pro create your item then export it to a 3D DWG file (autoCAD format). When you import the item into 20-20 be sure that you’ve selected 3D dwg (as opposed to 2D dwg, which is the default). This imports the item every time without fail for me.

Unfortunately I have not been able to determine what makes certain parts of the item stay editable as far as selecting finishes (sometimes grouping parts of the sketchup file – inside of sketchup, that is – accomplishes this, sometimes it doesn’t). If anyone has this figured out please let me know!

• December 29, 2014 at 1:04 pm #21268
    Kathryn Brown
    Participant

Using Sketch Up pro or and older version works. I am using v8. Also if creating your own image in sketch up make sure you apply texture to it and then make it a group.

• October 15, 2018 at 1:30 pm #208875
    Jonathan C
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to give this a bump since we just recently figured some things out.

Working with a combination of 2020 V 11.9.0.1068 and SketchUp Pro 2018 (Mac btw) we were able to export SketchUp models (save as > SketchUp 2016 only) and import them into 2020 with ease once we figured out this combination.

I took extra measures like exploding components and then grouping them and also having everything on one SketchUp layer with groups only within that layer to help with the export / import.

Basic line work is not visible on the imported SketchUp model.  You must either push / pull or model polygons to show these details.

Hope this helps!

Jonathan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.