system crashes

• May 10, 2017 at 6:44 am #130036
    Richie
    Pilot Pro

Is any one else experiencing a high number of crashes.  Over the last couple of days I have had a great deal of fusion has stopped working.

• May 10, 2017 at 6:51 am #130046
    Jim Smalley
    2020 Moderator

Hi Ritchie,

Sorry to hear this. Can you confirm the version you are using? Is it the latest v5.5.0 release or an earlier one? If you are using an earlier version, I would suggest updating to the latest version.

If there is a particular area of the product where it happens, it is best to liaise with the Support Team to try and achieve a specific reproduction that can then be tackled by our developers.

Thanks,

Jim

• May 10, 2017 at 6:57 am #130047
    Richie
    Pilot Pro

Hi Jim

I have attached a screen shot for the version I’m on.

It does seem to be when I’m exporting to print to jpeg in high resoloution.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • May 10, 2017 at 7:01 am #130058
    Jim Smalley
    2020 Moderator

OK, thanks Richie. There is a more recent Version – v5.5.0 – If you check for updates, you should be prompted for this. If not, Support can direct you to the download area for this update. I can’t guarantee it it fixes your issues, but it is (on average) always best to be on the latest version.

• May 10, 2017 at 11:31 am #130066
    Richie
    Pilot Pro

Thanks Jim.

• May 17, 2017 at 11:57 am #130830
    Jim Smalley
    2020 Moderator

Hi Richie,

How did things work out for you? Did the upgrade lead to any improvements? If not, hopefully you have been able to contact Support to explore the problem further?

Regards,

Jim

• June 1, 2017 at 11:42 am #132349
    Sian R
    Participant

Hi,

I am having a high number of system crashes as well at the moment. When Fusion does crash and tries to recover my design it will often lose a good 40mins worth of work. I’ve got autosave set up to save every 5 mins so I’m really confused as to why it doesn’t save correctly.

Is this a common problem?

Currently running 2020 Fusion 5.4

Regards

Sian

• June 1, 2017 at 11:46 am #132352
    Richie
    Pilot Pro

Hi Sian

Theres an upgrade availble through support.  It has worked on mine.  Hope this helps

• June 2, 2017 at 4:22 am #132461
    Jim Smalley
    2020 Moderator

Hi Sian,

Just to reinforce Richie’s comments – it is always best to keep your version up to date so that you benefit from all of the latest patches and new features. Version 5.5.0 is the latest available version at the time of writing and early next week a new patch will be issued (version 5.5.1).

Please check for updates within your application or contact the Support Team for advice as to how to upgrade to the latest version.

If the crashes are still occurring even after installing the patches, the Support Team can remotely run various diagnostics on machine in order to capture further details for analysis by our technical team.

Best wishes,

Jim

• June 2, 2017 at 4:36 am #132462
    Sian R
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks. I’m always a bit cautious of updating Fusion as it always has a problem when I do it and spend most of the time of day on the phone to Support trying to sort the problem out and often I just can’t afford to lose a days works.

Fingers crossed for a smooth update this time!

Siân

• June 2, 2017 at 4:40 am #132463
    Jim Smalley
    2020 Moderator

Hi Sian,

If you have any worries, you can always call them to perform the upgrade together – that way they are on hand to address any issues that present themselves immediately after updating.

Thanks,

Jim

• June 2, 2017 at 5:13 am #132464
    Richie
    Pilot Pro

Hi Sian,

It was  very quick and straightforward install if it helps

• June 7, 2017 at 3:44 am #133693
    Jim Smalley
    2020 Moderator

Hi All,

A brief footnote to this discussion – version 5.5.1 is now available for download and contains further patches which will be of benefit to those users who have previously experienced system crashes.

Please check for available updates within Fusion and install this latest version and/or ask the Support Team for further assistance.

Best wishes,

Jim

• June 11, 2017 at 5:06 am #134384
    Aqheel Ahmed
    Participant

Hi,

I was facing some problem with the 2020 Fusion Fx from past some days and i was ignoring that, as it was recovering the previous designs itself and my last saved designs were being lost.
    Yesterday, i had a  system crash and the 2020 Fusion Fx App is not opening.

Now, when i m trying to open the 2020 Fusion Fx. I m getting a message that, Fusion has stopped working.
    I need to sort the problem out and I just can’t afford to lose my previous works.

Regards,

Aqheel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • June 12, 2017 at 4:03 am #134402
    Jim Smalley
    2020 Moderator

Dear Aqheel,

From your screen grab it would suggest that your version is a very old one indeed (‘Classic’ v19.1.21). This could be for a variety of reasons, so my best advice is for you to contact the 2020 Fusion Support Team in order to get further guidance regarding the version you are using and to establish the the possibilities for upgrading to a more contemporary version.

Thanks,

Jim

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.