create an exposed beam ceiling

• December 3, 2018 at 12:48 pm #218987
    Aviva Waxman
    Participant

Does anyone know, or can 2020 create a webinar, that will teach how to create an exposed beam ceiling on a cathedral ceiling.

I tried and researched but can not find any good option of how to create the exposed beams flushed to a cathedral ceiling.

If anyone does know and can explain how to do it, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

• December 3, 2018 at 6:20 pm #219078
    Neil Wilson

Hi Aviva,

I’ve never looked myself but I seem to remember other posts mentioning beams in the Underground catalog that can be angled and moved up to the ceiling.  I’m sure I’ll be corrected shortly if I’m mistaken. 🙂

Neil

• December 3, 2018 at 6:49 pm #219080

Indeed you would be corrected IF you were wrong – but you aren’t.  😎

The UNDRGRND catalogue does have a beam which you can resize, change angle, finish etc. It’s ideal for this type of thing. Just Google “2020 UNDRGRND catalog” and it should be the first result. Just install as normal and use – it’s under Decorative Items/Beam and Ceiling Deco.

• January 9, 2019 at 2:50 pm #223112
    Corinthian
    Participant

Hey!

I downloaded the UNDRGRND catalogue, but can’t see how to change the angle of a beam.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• January 9, 2019 at 6:24 pm #223159

If you go into the attributes of the beam, you should see 3 attachment angle options and this is what controls the angle of the beam in the X, Y and Z planes. See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • January 10, 2019 at 8:50 am #223181
    Corinthian
    Participant

Thanks Mike!

• January 10, 2019 at 10:30 am #223193
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

I have also created angled ceiling beams by using the triangle shapes in 2020 – just specify the dims of the triangle to create the angle you want, then hover it at the right height – most of the triangle will disappear above the ceiling.

Then stack a rectangle on top to ensure the full thickness – even at the skinny end.

The Underground catalogue is easier – but even without it – it can be done!

Ariana

• January 10, 2019 at 10:40 am #223208
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Here’s what it looks like:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.