Decorative Catalog – What do you think?

• April 7, 2016 at 11:56 am #84350
    Keymaster

You may have seen our recent mailer showing the huge difference decorative items can make to your designs. We’re quite excited by recent updates to the catalog, exclusively available in 2020 Cloud but we want to know what you think!

Did you add any items? If not, why not? Are there items you were looking for but didn’t see?

We’re constantly adding more decorative items, & your suggestions and thoughts are important to us so let us know what you think!

UPDATED June 26th – Did you know you can now review all the Decorative Items on a web page and submit suggestions for new items? Check it out!

• April 7, 2016 at 2:40 pm #84377
    Wendy
    Participant

It’s great to see the regular updates on this catalog. Please keep them coming 🙂

• April 25, 2016 at 12:35 pm #86038
    Peggy C. Rimkus
    Participant

1) The only catalog I see on mine is Manufacturers and it is mostly appliances and plumbing. I am very new at the 2020 Cloud. How do I get the Decorative Catalog (among others) and how do I get notifications about updates, as I am not getting any now.? Have had my own key of 2020 about 4 1/2 months.

• April 25, 2016 at 12:38 pm #86040
    Peggy C. Rimkus
    Participant

Nevermind. Duh, just figured out where it is. Still would like update notifications, though.

Thanks.

• April 25, 2016 at 4:51 pm #86081
    Keymaster

Hi Peggy,

Glad you figured it out. We are in fact working on some ideas to deliver notifications.

For the moment though, the best way is just to check in the Newsfeed of your 2020 Cloud window. When we have an update or a new release we post a note in there.

You’ll also see usage tips and other handy entries!

Best,

2020 Admin

• May 12, 2016 at 8:33 am #88406
    Joanne Smith
    Participant

Hi. I’ve been using Fusion for quite a while and Advance Graphics were very boring. I did manage to find a few items in Advanced Graphics that I changed sizes and colours of and Saved in my Unit Groups. I was very excited (sad or what) to have some new items to play with on 2020 Cloud, yet a very large percentage are THE SAME as Advanced Graphics. Some nice new additions, BUT WHY ARE THEY LOCKED! They cannot be changed in size/colour etc. Or can they ?

J

• May 12, 2016 at 11:56 am #88409
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Joanne. Many thanks for your post – it’s great to hear there’s excitement around the 2020 Cloud Decorative Items catalog 🙂 We have indeed incorporated much of the existing Fusion Advanced Graphics items into the Decorative Items catalog, but there’s also many hundreds of brand new items that you wouldn’t have seen before in 2020 Fusion. The Decorative Items catalog will also continue to be enhanced and updated on a regular basis – in fact, a further 300+ additional items are going to be streamed to you live from 2020 Cloud over the next few days. As you have noted, a current restriction of 2020 Cloud within 2020 Fusion means that you are unable to change the dimensions and materials of items. This will be addressed as we start to introduce more configurable ‘cloud based’ items in future 2020 Cloud and 2020 Fusion releases.

Again, thanks for your post.

• May 13, 2016 at 4:34 am #88476
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Joanne. Just an additional comment to yesterday’s post; you should already be able to change the dimensions of items coming from the 2020 Cloud Decorative Catalog. I’m not sure if you’re using the latest version of 2020 Fusion, but perhaps you could let us know if you are unable to change dimensions when using version 4.5.4.10, which is available for you to download and install in the usual way.

Many thanks.

• June 2, 2016 at 4:11 pm #90982
    DeeDee Foster
    Participant

Where do I find the Decorative Catalog on the Cloud?

• June 2, 2016 at 4:17 pm #90984
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Deedee, once you’ve logged into 2020 Cloud and clicked on the browse tab, you can choose 2020 as the manufacturer, and the Decorative Items catalog will then be available as a choice in the list of catalogs.

I hope this helps.

James

• June 2, 2016 at 4:48 pm #90986
    DeeDee Foster
    Participant

Great!  I have most of those items anyway, but there are a few new ones.  Thanks so much for your help.  Have a great rest of your day!

• June 21, 2016 at 1:55 pm #92912
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Hi all,

This cloud catalog is really fine, but……..!

Why is it impossible to change the different textures on the Items (in the French catalog it is impossible).

Is it an oversight ?

• June 21, 2016 at 2:35 pm #92937
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi, currently 2020 Cloud supports non-configurable items only, so it is not possible to change the materials for Decorative items. We are continuing to develop and enhance 2020 Cloud, and in later phases, it will allow items to be fully configured.

Thanks

• June 21, 2016 at 2:38 pm #92938
    Neil Wilson

Hi De Volontat,

It’s impossible in all the cloud catalogs. That variable has not been unlocked in the cloud catalogs yet. Please remember that the cloud project is still in the open beta phase of its development and is by no means a completed feature.

Neil

• June 21, 2016 at 2:39 pm #92939
    Neil Wilson

or what James said while I was typing my reply 🙂

• July 4, 2016 at 3:41 pm #94157
    Pheydra Schworm
    Participant

I am new to the cloud also. I do love the extra options it provides but I am not finding items that you would see in most kitchens that I would love to put in the designs. Examples are food storage such as square lift lid containers, bottles of ketchup, large vinegar bottles, dog food bins, adult beverage bottles, soda cans, regular trash bins for pantries, soup cans, cereal boxes, kitchen stools, and other kitchen basics. A lot of my clients need help visualizing what each cabinet or pantry space will be used for and I find that hard to show right now. Am I missing something? Whenever I use Sketch up it makes my designs VERY SLOW or crashes my 2020 so I don’t don’t have that option even though I have a great high end computer. ?Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

• July 6, 2016 at 5:57 am #94350
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Many thanks for yoor feedback on the Decorative Items catalog. So that we could look into your request for new items to be added, is it possible for you to provide some images (or links to websites) for exactly what you had in mind?

As for your issues with Sketchup, I’ll leave our Support Team to provide a response.

• July 6, 2016 at 12:06 pm #94390
    Pheydra Schworm
    Participant

Great. Thank you! I will find several examples and send them to you.

• July 27, 2016 at 1:59 pm #96673
    Tom
    Participant

Just now activated the cloud. I was having a bit of troulbe getting it going, but from what I can see, It is going to be a great tool. So many questions —- !!!

Only one I want to ask right now is – are there any sinks to be able to put into my drawing? there are a limited few in the catalog itself, but I am looking for a small bar sink to use in an optometrist office.

This is really cool!!

Tom

• July 27, 2016 at 2:37 pm #96675
    Keymaster

Hi Tom

We’re pleased to hear you’ve discovered the 2020 Cloud and can see the vision of what we will be bringing to our customers in the near future. Right now, we have only just begun to roll out certain types of content, such as appliances and decorative items.

We’d be happy to answer any of your questions to guide you on your way with 2020 Design and 2020 Cloud, but to answer your first question, we do not yet have a range of sinks available in North America, though we are continually adding new content. Was there a particular manufacturer or product that you were looking for? This would help us prioritize future content types.

Thanks!

• August 19, 2016 at 12:40 pm #98514
    susan Kemp, CKD
    Participant

It would be great to be able to have time to decorate the designs, but the volume we do does not allow time to pretty them up.

• October 12, 2016 at 5:04 pm #106778
    Andrea Chala
    Participant

Can you add pets such as Dogs, Cats, Fish or/an any other type of pets? Also, people…. kids, but mostly a woman or man that is not in a business attire or suit.

Thanks!

• October 12, 2016 at 9:33 pm #106780

Susan, it is worth looking at using the AutoDeco assistant. The assistant can be customised and is a very effective way of quickly enhancing drawings. Agreed it needs the ‘standard’ catalogs and won’t use the cloud items but it works VERY well in most circumstances (once customised – the V11 defaults are quite odd compared to the V9 versions).

I work for a company with 20+ designers and each designer gets through 3-5 drawings a day. We find the AutoDeco assistant is the best way of providing a quick and easy enhancement of a basic design. I do have a few designers who then go the extra distance for some really flashy effects but mainly on the top end kitchens.

• October 13, 2016 at 9:29 am #106781
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Andrea, thanks for your requests. We are already planning a release of the Decorative Items catalog before the end of October. We will therefore take on board your requirements and include as many as we can for this release.

Thanks

James

• October 13, 2016 at 9:43 am #106782
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Hi all,

does Pets and animals, etc…are really the priority ?

Remember that 2020 is used all around the word and decorative items like we have in the cloud are for me really important.

Pets and things like that can be found on 3DWarehouse.

We have near than 400 users in RB showrooms all around the word and they never ask me to create things like that.

Regards

• October 13, 2016 at 9:49 am #106783
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

We are happy to receive any requests for the Decorative catalog. If you have any other specific suggestions for new items, then please add them to this thread and we’ll see what can be done. Please note though that the decorative catalog is there for non-manufacturer specific products and items to dress your designs to provide more realism for your customers.

• October 13, 2016 at 9:59 am #106792
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Hi,

we need more balconies, stairs, railings…..curtains…..

i know that this cloud beta version doesn’t have the control of the materials.

It will be  marvellous when we will have it.

But, thanks a lot for all the items we can find.

• October 13, 2016 at 10:09 am #106794
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Thanks – so that we can prioritze your specific requirements for balconies, stairs, railings & curtains, could you provide one or two example images of exactly what you’re looking for? This may enable us to provide some of these for the Decorative Catalog release later this month.

We appreciate your requests – please keep them coming

• October 13, 2016 at 10:23 am #106803
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

How can we put a picture in the message to show you ?

The image icone ask me the source……but….

Thx

• October 13, 2016 at 10:27 am #106805
    Keymaster

Hi!

To upload an image, use the ‘Browse’ button below the post to select your file(s) – right next to the ‘Submit’ button.

Thanks!

2020 Admin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • October 13, 2016 at 10:31 am #106823
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Something we draw because we need it a lot to put outside….rails

Attachments:
  • October 13, 2016 at 10:34 am #106832
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Rails again, but inside

Attachments:
  • October 13, 2016 at 10:37 am #106841
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Curtains……we use really a lot of different ones….

Attachments:
  • October 13, 2016 at 10:42 am #106851
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Stairs………

Attachments:
  • October 13, 2016 at 10:44 am #106860
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

Flowers….(tall ones)

Attachments:
  • October 13, 2016 at 10:49 am #106869
    de VOLONTAT
    Participant

that is example of decoratives items we use a lot…..

but so differents all around the world.

Attachments:
  • October 14, 2016 at 4:47 am #107013
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Thanks – we’ll look at the 6 images supplied and see what can be done for the next Deco Items release.

• December 12, 2016 at 11:50 am #114134
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi

Just in case you haven’t seen it already, we have added some new curtains, rails, and flowers/plants into the latest version of the Decorative Items catalog – available now.

Thanks

James

• February 10, 2017 at 6:13 pm #119862
    teresam
    Participant

I am new to the Cloud and working with 2020 Design Version 11. The only catalogs that I can view on the cloud are appliances. I’m in Canada is there a way to access these other catalogs such as the Decorative Items and how do I do so? Also is it possible to import images for surfaces with the 2020 Design?

Thanks!

Teresa

• April 13, 2017 at 6:48 am #125016
    Virang Kundhani
    Participant

Hi,

It’s great to view the regular updates on this decorative catalog.

Keep continue sharing.

Thanks

• April 13, 2017 at 6:54 am #125017
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Virang

We really appreciate your feedback. We will of course continue to update the decorative catalog on a regaular basis with new and useful items.

Thanks

James

• April 13, 2017 at 6:58 am #125018
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Teresa

The Decorative Items catalog should be available to all 2020 Cloud customers. You should be able to select it by choosing ‘2020’ from the list of manufacturers. If you can’t find it, please contact our Support Team who will be able to resolve this for you very quickly.

Please let me know once you’re up and running?

Thanks

James

• May 26, 2017 at 2:29 am #131555
    Barbara Tom
    Participant

This is really nice idea to decor home. I am here in Australia and looking for the decorative ideas and I have just bought few from Homewares and these are nice to decor home!

• June 8, 2017 at 8:50 pm #134064
    debbiem
    Participant

I think the cloud is great! I thought I saw where we were going to have a TV option that is wall mounted but I only see TVs mounted on stands. Am I missing something?

• June 9, 2017 at 5:26 am #134067
    Shaun O’Hare
    2020 Expert

Hi Debbiem,

There are a collection of wall and stand mounted TV’s which are available today within the Decorative catalog.

These products can be found under the ‘Televisions’ section within the table of contents drop down filer (3rd filter from the top of the 2020 Cloud product browser).

Alternatively, you can type ‘television’ into the filter field.

Many thanks

Shaun

Attachments:
  • June 9, 2017 at 6:30 am #134084
    debbiem
    Participant

Thanks Shaun,

Yes that is where I’ve been looking for wall mounted TVs. All I see are 19 stand mounted TVs. Great selection of stand mounts but I don’t see any wall mounts per the descriptions.

• June 9, 2017 at 6:44 am #134085
    Shaun O’Hare
    2020 Expert

Hi Debbiem,

We currently have 33 TV’s available.

By default, the number of product displayed per page is configured to 20 results. The majority of the wall mounted televisions can be found on page 2 (example images attached).

Please can you confirm whether you can find the products you are looking for on page 2?

Thanks
    Shaun

Attachments:
  • June 9, 2017 at 1:55 pm #134248
    debbiem
    Participant

Thank you Shaun! Yes I see now that there is a page two. I just didn’t see that! The fonts on my laptop are set so small because I also use a separate monitor and this was the only way tech support could set it up (I don’t understand this and maybe I can find a forum to help me with it) that I just didn’t see the page arrow. Thank you so much for pointing it out to me. This is the first time I’ve used the forum and I’m impressed!! Thanks again.

• June 9, 2017 at 2:04 pm #134274
    Keymaster

Hi Debbiem,
    We’re glad you’re enjoying using 2020 Cloud and the Forum!

In case you hadn’t seen this in the Newsfeed of 2020 Cloud, we have compiled a post on useful hints & tips which you might like. For example, with your multiple monitor setup you may find it useful to drag the 2020 Cloud browser completely out of 2020 Design to maximise your real estate.

https://tubelaunch.info/need-little-help/

Best,

2020 Admin

• June 9, 2017 at 2:14 pm #134290
    debbiem
    Participant

Awesome! And I can see it!! Now any tips on how to get the fonts on my laptop screen bigger in 2020? Thanks a bunch!!

• June 9, 2017 at 2:31 pm #134330
    Keymaster

Hmm – that’s an interesting one. Sounds like a system setting, rather than a 2020 Design setting.  Are other application font small on that screen too? Depending on your screen resolution & OS, you could try something like this (this is for Windows 10):

I’ve used this technique in the past – you can adjust differently for each screen. You probably have to sign out & back in to Windows to see any changes.

Hope that helps….

2020 Admin

• June 26, 2017 at 11:58 am #136383
    Mike Cook
    Participant

In version 11.8 Can we still have access to decorative items when offline? It would be nice to sill have access to the in program items, perhaps an on off in preferences.

• June 26, 2017 at 2:05 pm #136424
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,
    This isn’t available in v11.8, however while offline you can still reposition, resize & retexture decorative items that you have already added to your designs.

• July 6, 2017 at 10:58 am #138140
    Michelle Raymer
    Participant

Hi!

Maybe there’s a step I’m missing but when I click the “browse” tab it tells me to sign in but doesn’t give me an option to sign in anywhere. Could you please advise? Thank you!

• July 6, 2017 at 11:08 am #138144
    James Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hi Michelle

Hopefully the thread below will help:

https://tubelaunch.info/forums/topic/2020-cloud-no-sign-in-under-the-browse-tab/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue?

Thanks

James

• July 30, 2017 at 11:32 am #140733
    Pam Nobbs
    Participant

Hi. My coworker & I are fairly new to using 2020 Cloud, and we’re struggling. Right now I’m trying to add pendant light fixtures to my design and, of course, those used to be in the Drag & Drop list in the Room catalog.  All that remains there now is reference to the Cloud.  Accessing the Cloud, I only find appliance catalogs.  Sorry if I’m behind the rest of the group…I’m sure i’m overlooking something. If I need to add a lighting catalog, where would I find those, and how would I add?  Thanks in advance.

Pam

• July 30, 2017 at 11:34 am #140734
    Pam Nobbs
    Participant

Alright, gang, immediately after sending this inquiry, I went back to try again and FOUND the decorative lighting!  Ignore ignore ignore me.  Thanks.

Pam

• July 31, 2017 at 8:56 pm #140819
    Jonathan Desimini
    Participant
    Window Example

These types of windows are becoming so popular and yet theres few ways to accomplish.

Can we please please please add better windows (and doors). Why is it that half of the windows and doors in the ROOM catalog have the option in variables to change the frame style but when you change it, no visual change occurs.  Also, can’t we get some more “architectural” windows and doors? Arched and Barn Doors would be great, both interior and entryways (for the Arched that is). Also arched doorways that have casing molding on them should be available. Sometimes it seems like the basics are missing and yet intricate detailed pieces are being added instead.

• August 1, 2017 at 4:40 pm #140907
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Jonathan,

You bring out a good point.  We will look into adding new architectural windows and doors into our ROOM catalog.  Please provide us with various examples (with pictures) of popular doors and window styles (including dimensions ranges) you think should be added.

Can you contact [email protected] with the items models you feel are missing “basics”?  We would like to follow-up.

Thank you,

Santiago

• August 17, 2017 at 7:27 am #143411
    Jodi Gould
    Participant

I used to use my drop down menus for lighting and I was able to manipulate them so much.  It was very important to the overall look of my renderings.  Now I have such little control over my own lighting with the cloud.  No fixtures in the cloud are any I would put in my designs.  I wish they would keep it simple so that we could manipulate them as we need to, i.e.: size, shape, color, light output.  Please tell me this will change.

• August 17, 2017 at 11:30 am #143578
    Neil Wilson

Hi Jodi,

The Lighting you used to use from the Room_fur catalog is still available.  In the catalog categories, just above the notification that we have moved stuff to the cloud you should see Lighting Fixtures.  If you click on that it should open up to the lighting you have always used.

Neil

• August 21, 2017 at 10:57 am #143975
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello,

@Jodi, we understand the Cloud lighting fixtures should have the same type of controls as the lights of the Room_Fur catalogs.  We will augment the Cloud lighting capabilities in a future release of 2020 Design.

Thank you,

Santiago

• October 18, 2017 at 2:06 pm #154167
    Christopher Robles
    Participant

Hello I just want to say that I have been playing with the 2020 cloud for about a week now and without the ability to change the dimensions and color of the decoration models they are quite useless. I am currently trying to add curtains to a window but all of your curtains are 94″ long. Nobody putts curtains on a sliding glass window so your models are useless in any real world situations.

• October 19, 2017 at 9:54 am #154256
    Neil Wilson

Hi Christopher,

We looked into the curtains and you are correct 🙂 We can change the height but not the width or depth.  This is not how it is supposed to be so we have opened a bug and will have our team take a look at it.

Neil

• October 19, 2017 at 2:10 pm #154315
    Neil Wilson

Hi Chris,

Just an update.  Further testing here has found that it works.  Which version of 2020 are you running?  Also when you are in the cloud, when you click on the catalog drop down, where it says 2020 Decorative Items US, on the right it will show you the version of the catalog.  You want it to be 12.2.

Neil

• October 23, 2017 at 12:24 pm #154618
    Christopher Robles
    Participant

Thank you for looking into this for me Neil. I am running version 2020 Design  (11.8.0.53) 2017-06-01. I am using the 12.2 catalog. I tested the dimension of the blinds along with an assortment of other items. Everything seems to working fine now. I appreciate your help and would like to say I have never seen such a speedy fix to a program like this. Thank you!

Chris.

• February 13, 2018 at 6:40 pm #170308
    John Paul Ramos
    Participant

Hi. I am new to 2020 cloud. Can anyone direct me to find the ceiling lights? How can I add these lighting into my drawings. Thank you.

• February 14, 2018 at 10:30 am #170413
    Neil Wilson

Hi John Paul,

You can find a bunch of lights in the cloud by selecting 2020 in the manufacturers field in the browse tab of the Cloud and typing “ceiling light” in the filter field.  The only drawback of using lighting fixtures from the cloud is that they haven’t added the actual light to the images yet so they don’t generate any illumination.  The Lighting fixtures that are available in the Room_Fur catalog still put out light so for that I would recommend using them.

Hope that helps

Neil

• February 21, 2018 at 1:07 pm #171867
    James Garland
    Participant

Wow, has anyone else had this happen…when placing an order through 2020 Live Order, has uploaded design rejected until items, placed in the design from the Cloud, were deleted from the design. I’ve had it happen  a few times. Astonishing! Irritating! 2020 never ceases to amaze…

• February 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm #171870
    Neil Wilson

Hi James,

We are aware of the issue with uploading cloud items to Live Order and are working to resolve it in an upcoming release.

Neil

• April 23, 2018 at 11:44 am #183039
    Daniel Lalonde
    Participant

hello im trying to lots of download of all decor item and all appliance as well ;i just cant get it can some help here where to go

• April 27, 2018 at 12:00 pm #184003
    Julie DiMenna
    Participant

Having no luck finding the new people in the cloud. Version 11.8.0.53.

Anyone? Anyone?

• April 27, 2018 at 5:12 pm #184058
    Neil Wilson

Hi Julie,

This is one of the rare occasions where the North American market is behind the curve.  The people have been added to the UK market region but have not yet been added to the North American market region.  You can change your market region in your 2020spaces profile.

Neil

• April 30, 2018 at 3:23 am #184076

Hi Neil,

Can we get the TM5 and TM31 Thermomix units (or similar) added to the cloud wishlist please.

Thanks

Mike

• May 4, 2018 at 10:52 am #185223
    Ashley Rocca
    Participant

Can someone tell me how where the “new” are  in the decorative cat? I’ve downloaded the new version and the people have disappeared from my 2020 cloud…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.