Does a 2020 design book exist?

• April 14, 2018 at 2:45 pm #181898
    Brett Linger
    Participant

I’ve searched Google and Amazon and haven’t found one.

Thanks

• April 15, 2018 at 7:41 pm #181902

Hi Brett,

What exactly do you mean by a Design Book? If you mean example Designs then this is a great idea as we would be able to see how some Designers have obtained such superb results. I fear, however that most of them would keep the techniques to themselves or be reticent to release the designs due to privacy issues.

Otherwise there are some superb example panoramics available in this forum and for a good image gallery may I suggest visiting kitchenetal.com – Anthony does some awesome work!

• April 15, 2018 at 8:12 pm #181903
    Brett Linger
    Participant

Sorry. What I am looking for is a “2020 Design” book.

I’m a brand newbie to 2020.  I am on a 30 day trial because I am considering switching from 2D Autocad to 2020 for the 3D rendering presentations.

My problem is that I keep running into limitations and glitches at every turn. I don’t know how much of the problems I’m dealing with are due to the program and how much is me not knowing how to use it.

I’m doing my best to give 2020 a fair shake, but the resources seem limited.  I’m just looking for a comprehensive source of information that I may use to answer some simple problems I have been dealing with.

Thanks,

Brett

• April 15, 2018 at 8:33 pm #181904

Well there are a large amount of tutorials on youtube – just search for 2020 Design – some of them may be older but the techniques are the same.

Also here: https://tubelaunch.info/training/2020design/

Otherwise, post specific questions on here and you will usually get a response pretty quickly. One thing I will tell you is that setting up the 2020 preferences ESPECIALLY the room preferences is critical to speeding up your design workflow. The next aspect is making sure you have the catalogues you need.

2020 Design has bugs and limitations as does all software but I constantly evaluate other software and it’s still the best in its price range for allowing you to produce effective designs and good quality renders.

• April 15, 2018 at 8:51 pm #181905
    Brett Linger
    Participant

Thank you.

I’ve watched many, many of these videos, but, of course, videos aren’t indexed very clearly. Every 7 minute video I watch that doesn’t answer my questions is 7 minutes wasted. That was my motivation for looking for a book.

Because I haven’t found one on Amazon, I am presuming one doesn’t exist. I just thought I would throw it out to the 2020 community to see if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Brett

• April 15, 2018 at 8:59 pm #181907

There used to be a couple of independent printed guides to V9 but these were mainly around optimising presentation and renders. I’m afraid I don’t know of any printed guides otherwise. Certainly an “Idiot’s Guide to 2020 Design” would be nice but the software is under constant enhancement so it would date quickly.  Maybe see if there are any local independent 2020 Design users who might help – personal networking is always useful.

I would post a list of questions here – answers should come fairly quickly but try and be clear and concise in your questions and give example screenshots where relevant. I operate a ticket system for the designers I support and there is nothing worse than getting a ticket that is so vague that I then have to contact the user before I can even start looking at the issue! Just my 5 cents (or whatever currency you use).   😎

• April 15, 2018 at 9:08 pm #181908
    Brett Linger
    Participant

I appreciate your getting back to me. And I feel extremely guilty trying to learn a new software by means of a community forum. But if this is the only resource, I will give it a shot.

Thanks

• April 15, 2018 at 9:14 pm #181909

Why on earth would you feel guilty? You are evaluating the software with a view to purchase – that is a perfectly valid reason for being here! You wouldn’t buy an expensive car without a proper test drive would you!

What location are you btw? Just country/state is fine.

• April 15, 2018 at 9:36 pm #181911
    Brett Linger
    Participant

What does the error message “Slow down. You move too fast” mean??

I am not trying to make the morning last.

• April 15, 2018 at 9:42 pm #181912

There is an (annoying) limit in the forum on how quickly you can post a new message after the last one. I wouldn’t mind but the limit is across the whole forum rather than just in one topic.

• April 15, 2018 at 9:50 pm #181913
    Brett Linger
    Participant

I’m in Colorado. To borrow from my restaurant brethren, I’m in the weeds.  And I thought 2020 would help,  but after 2 weeks of tech assistance just to get the software installed properly, I am much further behind than I like.

I feel guilty asking other working people to answer questions that I should be able to look up for myself. The people on this forum have valuable time. How can I impose on them to train me?

It turns out that there is some sort of time restriction on the forum website, so I guess even even asking questions will be dragged out.

• April 17, 2018 at 1:22 am #182036
    The Laminex Group
    2020 Partner

No real training manual from what i know, in the past they would have tutorial books for older version in the install. However there are extensive help resources under the help tab, if you going through the trial i would suggest the online training videos.

2020 Design quite broad in that you can do many things, often with customers getting started we would refer them to our guide on getting started (which is really look at the help content).

Hope this puts you on the right path.

Regards

Percy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.