August 17, 2017 at 10:13 am #143514
I am wondering if it might be possible to add a search function for the Drag & Drop box that can look through more than model numbers.
I’d like to be able to search through, say Kohler Bathrooms, for all undermount bathtubs or polished chrome faucets, but now I can only use the Drag & Drop bar by typing K- but that requires going into build.com or kohler.com first and finding what I am looking for then seeing if that K- code exists in the catalog or in the 2020 cloud.
2020 cloud is significantly easier to search for stuff in than the Drag & drop boxes.
August 24, 2017 at 11:56 am #144623
Thank you for the suggestion. We understand the 2020 Cloud search engine provides more flexibility. I am not sure the engine can be ported to our current infrastructure of the Drag & Drop box but will look into it.
August 25, 2017 at 4:18 pm #145012
1) For Rendering Module: we can save views, which is GREAT! I’d like to be able to export those views’ settings so I can use them in the incremental saves.
I do this often. make a design but have a couple incremental saves where the position or type of fixtures is different based on the wants/needs of the client. Then I create the views for rendering the base version images, then I have to re-create those for the next version(s).
Not even sure this is needed function for anyone else. (or maybe this is something Mike has already done?)
2) I’d like a preference setting for Elevations.
3) I’d like a preference setting for Coutertop Wizard (we always use 3cm and 4″ backsplashes.)
September 12, 2017 at 11:51 am #147358
For the rendering module for texture mode – an indication of when the image is done rendering.
right now it does a progressive scan kind of thing that is very easy to see on the first pass when it cleans up the really jagged lines, but much harder to see if it does a 2nd pass.
December 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm #164075Aaron CusimanoParticipant
I work for a Design-Build company that uses 2020 Design software along with several other CAD and design platforms. There two export formats that would significantly improve our process:
1. The ability to export .IFC files for 3D coordination. IFC is an industry standard BIM / CAD format adopted by many software companies to allow communication between platforms.
2. The ability to export 2D .DWG cabinet elevations would also be a big help. Currently, as I understand it, 202o can export 2D .DWG plans, and 3D DWG models, but not 2D elevations.
Thank you for your consideration.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.