Help! How do I rake this ceiling?

• October 3, 2018 at 3:34 pm #206954
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Hi All!

*After* building the architectural for this room, I found out the room has a raked ceiling.

12′ high on the right, going down to 11′ on the left.

The bottom wall (281 1/2″) was easy, but how do I repeat the angle on the other side of the room (top of screen)?

with the bumpouts and closets – that side of the room isn’t one long wall… is there a trick?

Many thanks!

Ariana

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • October 3, 2018 at 11:32 pm #207038

Hi Ariana,

I’d have run a solid wall all the way along from the start of the 98 1/2 section through to the right of the 27″ section and then added a wall opening for the gap and then added the other walls (or make them out of thickened panels) as required. Change the start/finish heights as required in a clockwise direction.

Re the bumpouts and closets, although you have the option of disconnecting the walls from the ceiling, I often prefer to use panels, (thickened up to match the walls) for these. This works well if you don’t need placement zones for those bumpouts. The ‘Custom Elevation’ option now gets rid of most of the need to do it that way.

Attachments:
  • October 4, 2018 at 10:02 am #207090
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Thank you Mike –

I will try your suggestion!  I don’t think I’m aware of the “custom elevation” option.  I will search the Help menus for that.

Cheers,

Ariana

• October 4, 2018 at 9:05 pm #207262

Custom Elevations are available from 11.10.1.1 and are superb – wish I’d had them 10 years ago!.

Attachments:
  • October 5, 2018 at 10:17 am #207290
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

This looks SO HELPFUL!  I have the Custom Elevation button – but I can’t figure out how to work it  🙁

No help in the Help Menu – is it covered in any of the videos?

Ariana

• October 7, 2018 at 7:05 pm #207728

You select Custom Elevation and then drag the line to cover the length of the walls. You then can increase the depth as much as you want and move the line around until you get the elevation view you want.

• October 8, 2018 at 4:23 pm #207845
    Ken Short
    Participant

Hi Ariana,

Maybe these would be helpful:

Ken

• October 9, 2018 at 10:06 am #207870
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Thanks Mike and Ken!

I’ll get the hang of this v11 thing yet!

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.