Importing Textures and Rendering Time

• July 31, 2017 at 4:30 pm #140810
    Profile photo of Nicky ClaridgeNicky Claridge
    Participant

Hi! As much as I love using 2020 Design, I get really frustrated with the time it takes to do even a simple render once my design is full of imported textures. Is there anything I can do/check to speed this up?

The image attached took 12 minutes to come down as Medium Quality and it’s still not great 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be signed in to view attached files.
  • August 1, 2017 at 12:02 pm #140844
    Profile photo of Chris BlackmanChris Blackman
    Participant

I see a huge increase in rendering time when I use the cloud library, or I suspect it is the cloud libraries.

One of the things that I liked about 2020 was that I could make a style/color change and render it in a couple of minutes.

But the last kitchen I did I used the JennAir cloud catalog and the render times are 10+ minutes. Unfortunately this was a client that wanted to see their changes as they asked for them.

• August 1, 2017 at 4:44 pm #140908
    Profile photo of Neil WilsonNeil Wilson

Hey Nicky and Chris,

we have heard that certain items might be slowing down renderings from you guys.  🙂 Would it be possible to send us the system specs on your computers and the .kit files for a design or two that you are experiencing the slow renders with?  You can send them to [email protected] to my attention and I’ll shepherd them to the folks that need to see them so we can investigate any possible solutions.  The more detail you can provide us with the better.

Neil

• August 10, 2017 at 2:13 pm #141921
    Profile photo of Chris BlackmanChris Blackman
    Participant

Nicky,

I was having some problems with long rendering times recently. I discovered that the issue seems to be with Kohler Kitchen sinks that have an attribute add-on faucet. The problem seems to be with any of the add-on faucets from the K-690 (Vinnata series).

Whenever I use that faucet the renderings take a really long time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.