Keyboard Shortscuts

• December 7, 2017 at 4:54 pm #163259
    Profile photo of Tiffany GadwayTiffany Gadway
    Participant

Whenever my 2020 Design crashes and closes, I lose all of my quick keys (or keyboard shortcuts) that have been previously assigned. This happens usually a handful of times a day. Is there something I can do to “hard save” these keys and not have to re-assign them each time I crash?

I would much prefer to not crash at all, of course…

• December 7, 2017 at 5:21 pm #163260
    Profile photo of Neil WilsonNeil Wilson

Hey Tiffany,

Please forgive my ignorance but where are you setting your keyboard shortcuts?  I was not aware that there was a way to do this in 2020.  I thought they had removed the majority of the keyboard shortcuts in version 10.

Thanks

Neil

• December 7, 2017 at 6:13 pm #163264
    Profile photo of Tiffany GadwayTiffany Gadway
    Participant

It is in the menu to Customize Quick Access Toolbars > More Commands > Keyboard Shortcuts > Customize

Yikes! I really really hope this option doesn’t get removed. It’s a thousand times faster than clicking around in menus, buttons and drop downs.

• December 7, 2017 at 6:57 pm #163266

Hi Neil,

This feature should be expanded not dropped. I’d like to see a shortcut icon and keyboard shortcut option for the Report Manager – we had this on V9 and my Designers are bemoaning it’s loss in V11.

Most of my Designers work rapidly due to their workload and having shortcut keys for the common options is very handy and speeds up their workflow substantially.

Also, if I can find out where the config info for these shortcuts is stored, I’ll add it to my backup script. I’ve already checked that it isn’t in the registry or the CONFIG directory.

• December 8, 2017 at 10:22 am #163302
    Profile photo of EdithEdith
    2020 Expert

Hi Tifanny,

Constant crashes a day definitely is not a normal behavior and I agree better if this does not happens at all.  Would it be possibly to send me your contact information so we can connect and assist with this issue.

[email protected]

Looking forward to hear from you!

Edith

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.