Turn your questions into answers in seconds with the 2020 Knowledge Center !

• May 9, 2018 at 3:44 pm #186059
    Edith
    Participant

Turn your questions into answers in seconds with the 2020 Knowledge Center !

Here are the answers that you were looking for…

Invalid Local License

when opening 2020 Design

between Subscription Plan and Perpetual Licensing

Get the answer to other common questions related to 2020 Design!… 2020 Knowledge Center

• June 5, 2018 at 12:47 pm #190104
    Denny Brown
    Participant

In perspective view the countertops are always red.  How do i change this?

• June 5, 2018 at 3:18 pm #190129
    George
    2020 Expert

Hello Denny,

Dark pink or almost red countertops usually point to either missing textures or a graphic driver update may be needed. A support agent would be able to assist you with either situation.

Thank you

• July 18, 2018 at 8:06 pm #195493
    Susan Skowron
    Participant

Hi-

I have somehow closed my drag and drop window to the left of the drawing area…anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

• July 20, 2018 at 2:04 pm #195577
    Edith
    Participant

Hi Susan !

To bring the window back 2 simply steps are needed.

Take a look at the available Article from the 2020 Knowledge Base !

Let me know if you need anything else !

Edith

• August 2, 2018 at 10:11 am #196647
    Anthony Cardenas
    Participant

I have used 2020 for years but just upgraded to V11 which is very different from previous version I was using. In the perspective view I have figured out how change the view height and angle and what not but in a small room I am having trouble backing up the view. It keeps backing me up out of the room and I am looking at the outside of the wall. I used to be able to back up within the room in the previous version. I am sure its possible, just cant figure it out.

Thanks All

• August 2, 2018 at 11:10 am #196648
    Neil Wilson

Hi Anthony,

You can use the clipping options in the rendering toolbar or can use the camera to set up your renderings.  The camera is more like the old v9 setup.  To turn on the camera you just need to click on the button in the lower right hand corner that looks like a camera 🙂 All the settings in the camera are available from the menu that comes up when you right click in the rectangle part of the camera on the floorplan.  There are more details about using the camera in this Knowledge Base article: 

Hope that helps

Neil

• October 1, 2018 at 11:14 pm #206272
    Esther Nir
    Participant

Hi,

H can I add receptacle outlet to the plan?

anyone? thanks

• October 2, 2018 at 10:56 am #206348
    Neil Wilson

Hi Esther,

The switches and outlets are in the Room_Fur catalog under Lighting Fixtures and switch / outlet.

Neil

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • October 23, 2018 at 11:47 am #209556
    Linda Ballard
    Participant

I am having a problem in the rendering with the flooring going on for miles outside of the room.  Any solutions?

• October 23, 2018 at 12:39 pm #209557
    Neil Wilson

Hi Linda,

That is unfortunately a bug in the latest version of the software that is caused by having differing wall heights in the design.  You can avoid it by having all the walls be the same height 🙂 or by turning off the floor in the renderings.  If you want to show a floor in the design you can create one by using the surface tool.

Thank you

Neil

• October 29, 2018 at 4:14 pm #211670
    Cheryl Lockhart
    Participant

Version 11 Questions:

How do I set up multiple catalogs for the same manufacturer, but re-named so that I am able to place an EDI order for multiple colors in a single design. I know I have done this before but Version 11 will not install the copied catalog.

Help!

• October 29, 2018 at 5:04 pm #211752
    Neil Wilson

Hi Cheryl,

Use catalog manager to install the catalog.  Then use catalog manager to rename the catalog.  Reinstall the catalog and you will have the original name and the one you renamed.

When you submit the order with the 2 different catalogs they should be listed separately with different entries for styles and pricing etc…

Neil

• October 30, 2018 at 12:06 pm #211788
    Cheryl Lockhart
    Participant

Yes, that is how I have done this in the past… I am working with version 11.10.1.1 and it will not install the “re named” catalog. It verifies it, then I receive an “over write yes/no” message. When I respond with “no” it verifies the data and nothing more.

• October 30, 2018 at 12:19 pm #211789
    Neil Wilson

Hey Cheryl,

It might be because the catalog is locked or it is a DFM catalog.  It could also be an issue with the catalog database or an old Windows error that prevents the rename feature from updating the certs in the catalog file.  At this point I think the best plan would be for you to give us a call at 1-866-697-2020 and have a tech connect to the machine and take a first_hand look.

Neil

• November 2, 2018 at 3:21 pm #214062
    Jarlei Araújo
    Participant

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Como alterar o idioma do 2020 design?</span></span>

• November 2, 2018 at 4:54 pm #214132
    Edith
    Participant

Prezado Jarlei

Para opção na língua portuguesa o programa deve ser instalado a partir de uma versão original em português. Infelizmente 2020 não oferece versão ”teste” na língua portuguesa.
    Temos versões testes disponíveis em Inglês, Espanhol e Frances.

Esaterei à disposição para qualquer esclarecimento que se faça necessário.

Atenciosamente
    Edith

• November 8, 2018 at 9:41 pm #214937
    Pete Faber
    Participant

Is there anyway I can download decorative shapes from the cloud?  High speed internet is not available in my area and the internet itself comes and goes. I am wasting a lot of time waiting  to see the shapes if it is one I want to use.  I can go make a cup of coffee while I am waiting but you can only drink so much coffee.

• November 9, 2018 at 10:24 am #214974
    Neil Wilson

Hi Pete,

Sorry but there is no way to download the cloud items to your computer.  There are however 2 ways you can keep cloud items on your computer.  You can create a design with the cloud items you use often and then just copy/paste the items from that design into your active design or you can store the cloud items in your Idea Center and drag them out of your drag and drop list just like a regular catalog.

There is lots of info in the knowledge base about the Idea Center and this link is a good place to start.

Hope that helps, and may I suggest trying a nice Green Tea?  Much less caffeine. 🙂

• December 7, 2018 at 7:54 am #219769
    Kullen Biller
    Participant

Good morning,

I’m about 2 days new to the software. Ive got a kitchen design together but when I downloaded the catalog of the cabinet manufacturer we are using I only saw a few options for cabinet styles. Is there a easy/quick way to change the cabinet styles and colors?

• December 7, 2018 at 10:02 am #219779
    George
    2020 Expert

Hello Cullen,

It is possible to set your styles globally in the design within Styles and Pricing. If you are not certain as to how, you can always reach out to a support agent at toll free 866-697-2020 to guide you.

It is important to note however that the Style selections available in catalogs are determined by the manufacturers.

Thank you

• December 8, 2018 at 7:38 am #219894
    Mark Phelps
    Participant

how can I logout from previous system? I reinstalled my OS because of driver issue and reinstalled a new 2020 Design on the new system, when logging in it won’t let me log in on my account because it was still login on previous system. Any help would be much appreciated.

• December 10, 2018 at 10:03 am #219972
    Neil Wilson

Hi Mark,

The system will log you out of our servers automatically after 7 days or you can give our support line a call at 1-866-697-2020 and one of our techs should be able to you up and running.

Neil

• January 8, 2019 at 4:37 pm #222947
    Caitlyn Lake
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having an issue where whenever I change anything in the floor plan view, the perspective will change to wireframe view and will not change to any other view. I have to exit and reopen the perspective view each time I add to the project.

• January 9, 2019 at 10:49 am #222972
    Neil Wilson

Hi Caitlyn,

Stuff like that is usually related to issues with the driver for your video card.  The first thing to try would be to go to your video card manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest driver for the card.

If that does not resolve the issue please do not hesitate to give us a call at 1-866-697-2020 and one of our techs will be happy to take a first hand look at the issue.

Neil

• January 17, 2019 at 8:07 am #224182
    R Suresh
    Participant

how change 2020 design application language from portugese to english

• January 17, 2019 at 10:00 am #224209
    Neil Wilson

Hi,

There are no language settings in 2020.  If you would like to change from Portuguese to English you will need to uninstall the Portuguese version and then download and install the English version.

Neil

• January 18, 2019 at 9:41 am #224391
    R Suresh
    Participant

Thanks for ur help

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.