How to use the forum

• October 2, 2014 at 5:39 pm #18002
    Profile photo of 20202020
    Keymaster

Looking for help, but not sure where to go?

The 2020 user community is a place to share thoughts, ideas, tips, tricks and solutions with your peers. Registered users can post questions and answer or comment but if you get really stuck remember there’s always your local support office available to call for help. If you’re a 2020 Design user with an expired maintenance & support contract, get in touch and we’ll help you renew.

Please be sure to abide by the standard practices of posting in public forums & refrain from using derogatory, inflammatory or unsavoury remarks.

• October 3, 2014 at 2:06 pm #18022
    Profile photo of Celeste PoirierCeleste Poirier
    2020 Admin

Looking forward to this!

• June 25, 2015 at 1:53 pm #37634
    Profile photo of LISA GODFREYLISA GODFREY
    Participant

How do you create a waterfall edge on a countertop for an island? the 2 sides coming down to the floor…

• July 1, 2015 at 9:47 am #38103
    Profile photo of Neil WilsonNeil Wilson

Hi Lisa,

I like to build a user shape to be the end panel of the waterfall. Place the countertop and then make a user shape the length width and height of the end piece and then just texture it the same as the countertop. Slip it into place and voila! Waterfalliness.

Neil

• February 23, 2017 at 8:58 am #120619
    Profile photo of Anthony ArenaAnthony Arena
    Participant

Neil,

How do you miter the top and waterfall for a seamless look?

• March 15, 2017 at 11:00 am #121847
    Profile photo of Neil WilsonNeil Wilson

Hi Anthony,
    That one is beyond me. With my suggested solution I don’t believe you can. Sorry.
    Neil

• March 23, 2017 at 6:11 pm #122681
    Profile photo of Richard StreloffRichard Streloff
    Participant

Haven’t found a way to miter, yet … but I make the top 1/16″ smaller on both ends and the UserShape less a 1/16″ high to try and hide the butt seam. From a distance you can get away with it, even using the “texture with edges” mode.

See attached …

Richard

Attachments:
    You must be signed in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.